Note: if you are working on a Windows Phone 8.1 XAML app (not Silverlight) please follow the instructions for the Universal SDK.
AdDuplex control for Windows Phone XAML apps (both v.7.x and 8) is hosted on nuget.org.
To add AdDuplex AdControl to your Windows Phone XAML based project do the following:
- Go to Tools -> Library Package Manager -> Package Manager Console (or Tools -> Library Package Manager -> Package Manager Console when in Visual Studio 2012 or below)
- Run the Install-Package command:
PM> Install-Package AdDuplexWP8
Alternatively you can install the control via NuGet UI:
- Right-click on your project
- Click on "Manage NuGet Packages..."
- In the Online portion search for "AdDuplexWP8" and click install
To start participating in the exchange:
- Register your Windows Phone app in AdDuplex system, create banner ad unit and write down your AdUnitId and AppKey.
- Add a namespace declaration to your Page
- Add AdControl to your page:
- Make sure the whole AdControl is visible by verifying that it's not obstructed by any other objects on your page.
- You can preview your own exchange ad by setting IsTest property to true.
App installation tracking without the ad control (or with an ad control which is not placed on the first page) can be achieved by adding the following line of code to your App.xaml.cs Application_Launching method
Could you update the package command above because this command it is not compatible with Windows Phone 8.1 in Visual Studio 2013?
I have tried to find many times the nuget package for WP8.1 but I didn't find any from online search, only the WP8.
If you are working on a WP 8.1 XAML app (not a Silverlight app), please follow the instructions for the Universal SDK https://adduplex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200744262-Universal-SDK-for-XAML-apps-Windows-8-1-Windows-Phone-8-1-installation-and-usage
I agree that we should make it clear in this post and we will do that.